[[OOC: This will be a list of location where I've found holocrons. I won't go into details as to how to get to them, though, and I will list indisciminately Republic and Sith side. If you don't want to know where those are, don't read past the first post. ]]
As I was walking around Fort Garnik the other day with a friend, our attention was caught by a shiny light on top of a hill. It happens I like shiny things. You never know what they are. They could be droid remains, and contain an old but perfectly usable voice generator. They could be an ancient treasure. If they are in out-of-the-way locations, it's even better. I think getting to them is even better than actually finding them.
Anyway, we managed to get to that shiny light. It turns out it was a Jedi artifact. I was cautious at first - I don't trust hockey religions - but my curiosity got the better of me. I tried to pry it open. I'm not sure what happened exactly, but I think I learned something from he experience. Anyway, it was good fun finding it. One thing I learned from touching it is that there are others artifacts lost around the galaxy.
I'm not much one for writing long texts. But I think writing down where those are could help other people interested in finding them. It's like a galactical treasure hunt! So here goes...
- The first artifact I found was as I said near Fort Garnik on Ord Mantell. On the top of the island overrun with Savrips. Big creatures, those Savrips. But they are none too fast. Anyway, the artifact was all the way at the top. The climb was hard, but the view alone from there totally worth it. Too bad it was tainted with explosions everywhere...
- According to whatever T1 dug from the data I recovered from those artifacts, I found all three that are to be found on Ord Mantell. One was on the west coast of the Avilatan volcano.
- The other one was all the way to the north shore of Mannett Point. Some koochoo separatists were trying to dig it up. They probably didn't even know what it was. I had to wait until they took a break to investigate. I hope someone takes care of those guys before they damage the artifact.
- I met a fellow, in a cantina, who claimed he'd been to the Sith Academy world. He wouldn't tell me where it was, though. Anyway, he claimed he had found two such artifacts there. One was casually abandoned behind a wall, near the local shuttle departures. I can't believe the Sith leave artifacts lying around. The other was overlooking a valley full of Tuk'ata in a place called "Lower Wilds".
- I found one near the Jedi Academy on Tython. At the feet of one of those creepy statues, overlooking what the locals call ruins of Kaleth. Bunch of violent old droids there. I found many interesting parts, though. It took a while looking around the ruins, but I figured: An old city near a Jedi learning center, there's got to be one here!
- I found another one on Tython. It's at the top of a waterfall east of the forward camp of the ruins of Kaleth. It's a very dangerous climb, but a cave leads there from the other side of the mountain.
- After much searching, I finally found the last datacron on Tython! It's in the ruins of what the Jedi call "the Forge". Seems to be a place where they used to make lightsabers, or something... Anyway, I had to kill a bunch of Flesh Raiders, go through small passages west of the ruins to finally end up in a camp of those Flesh Raiders, worshipping one of those artifacts.
- Just found a new one on Coruscant. In the old galactic market. Probably some of those Merchant Guild gangsters stole it somewhere and forgot it in a corner. Although they had that huge war droid not too far...
- So some years ago, the Jedi temple on Coruscant got wasted by the Empire. Only ruins are left now. Obviously, when I got paid enough credits to go risk my life in there, I looked around for old relics. Sure enough, there was one of those artefacts. It had been left on a higher level, and probably fell during the sacking, getting stuck on a beam high above the ground.
- There was one that was taunting me in the resettlement area. RIght on top of a mean Rakghoul the locals called Skull Eater. It was sitting there, for the world to see. It took me a while to find a way to get there. I figured I needed to find a way to the top of that huge tube in the area. Anyway, if you don't like hugging walls on a one-foot-large terrace over a vertiginous drop... Forget about this one.
- I heard people talking about how they had found one artifact in the abandoned Dynamet hospital. It wasn't easy to find, especially with all the rubble covering doors everywhere, but I got to it. Without being bitten by Rakghouls, either!
- I found yet another one. In the ruins of a transport station. Station 5, I believe it was called. All the way in the deepest part. Or rather, it was not in one of those creepy tunnels, but the only way to get there was through those tunnels. The artifact itself was disappointingly easy to reach. Assuming one got past the Rakghouls, of course. I hate these otak'alkin...
- So, I like looking for those relic things. But THIS one... It starts on Nar Shadaa. Already it's a poor start. Add to that an imperial prison. Since that's not enough, the artifact is in the SEWERS of said prison. And just to wrap it all in a nice present the only way I could find to access those sewers is close to the entrance of a secure sector of the prison. Of course, the mandatory crawling on pipes high up in the air above swarms of imps soldier is just the icing on the cake... But then it was pretty! All shiny and glittery and engraved with runes and stuff. Worth it!
- Here I was running across the roofs of Anchorhead, much like I would in any city with flat roofs, when I found one of those artifacts. Close to the market, it was. I love that place. Roofs connected everywhere! You can almost go from one side of town to the other without setting foot on the ground. Try this on a day when the wind is not blowing, or you'll have fun across the huge cloth roofs they use...
- I noticed a weird balloon over the Sea of Dunes. I followed it around, and found it actually docked some place. I tried to get on board, but some Siths were about, and I stayed away. I managed to get on board the next time it showed up. That thing was soooo slow! But at least it was a bit fresher up there. Also had some bounty hunter keeping me company. Nice girl. Anyway, I didn't expect to get much more from the ride than a nice tour of the sea of Dunes. Indeed, we saw some pretty impressive sights. Giant bones, caves, Sand people villages... And a derelict sandcrawler. On top of which glinted something that looked sucpiciously like one of those artifacts. Timing it was scary as frotz, but we managed to jump down onto the sandcrawler. True enough, there was another one!
- I saw one up on the pillar under the ruins of a place called "the Ellysium". Impossible to get to, though... Steep cliffs with very few hand-holds. I managed to coax a nearby thranta to bring me up there. Turns out they had a nest there.
- Going out of the lower Markaran outpost, I found the road led to a broken down bridge. I was about to turn around when I noticed I might be able to crawl on a pipe and get around the broken bridge that way. Didn't work quite so well as it took me way out of my way, but I found one of those artifacts on the way. So it turned out fine.
- Found one in the remains of the Star of Coruscant ship. On the last floor, all the way in. Had to jump on moving crates to get to it... And of course avoid all the White Maw pirates.
- There's one in the canyon inVoss-Ka. I've seen it while taking the taxis. Sadly, I neither managed to hack the taxi to drop me there nor to find a way to climb down that canyon that wouldn't reduce me to a red stain on the bottom...
- Found another one facing the Gilded Descent Cantina. Getting there involved once again climbing on a bunch of tubes, clambering on ships, and jumping over cracks deeper than I liked to think about... But once again, nice view from up there. I wish the Imperials weren't shooting anything flying or I'd have stolen a shuttle to get there more easily...